Senior Project Manager
A Senior Project Manager at FX works to ensure the continued successful delivery of projects within FX, supporting and enabling team members to ideate and create to the best of their ability. They use their experience and skills to support the wider team in the creation of briefs, scopes/statements of work and the communication of deadlines with internal FX team members and clients. Further to this, they communicate the progress of projects to clients and report on the outcome of projects to the FX leadership team.
- Own the entire project process from conception through planning, creation, QA, and delivery, ensuring accurate specification and efficient execution of a flagship internal FX project, composed of multiple work streams.
- Arrange and run sprint ceremonies.
- Ensure estimation & planning is completed at the beginning of each sprint
- Highlight dependencies and risks between work streams
- Ensure effective communication between all streams
- Work with FX stakeholders to manage a product roadmap, backlog & incoming ‘client’ requests and work towards delivering the overall vision of this FX project.
- Help encourage and enforce the processes required to ensure effective delivery of internal FX projects.
- Get involved in the gathering of requirements and collate briefs on new projects.
- Create estimates, project plans, SOWs, CRs, functional specs, invoices, and all other project documentation.
- Communicate projects and deadlines clearly within the production team reporting to all internal project stakeholders.
- Report to the lead of project management on team performance, wellbeing and strengths/weaknesses.
- Attend training and events to ensure continued self improvement.
- Have regular meetings with all internal FX stakeholders to gauge satisfaction, respond to change, and update us on the progress of internal projects.
- Problem solve and manage any issues through to a positive outcome.
- Deliver projects that meet our requirements and exceed expectations.
- Be a figure of respect within the FX team, able to motivate, energise and invigorate the team to promote collaboration, effort and delivery across all departments.
- Support the ongoing improvement of efficient process that makes life easier for all.
- Contribute constructively to and sometimes lead brainstorms and idea sessions, concepting, and mock creations for pitch decks as necessary.
- Demonstrable experience writing essential digital PM documents such as SoWs, Change Requests, Project Plans, Functional Specs, and Creative Briefs.
- Deep knowledge of industry PM tools such as Gitlab/Jira, and experience in setting project timelines, writing task tickets, setting up work boards and reporting back on progress made.
- An understanding of how technical aspects of digital products work and the ability to translate these actions into clear, understandable terms for team members and clients alike.
- Plenty of experience delivering digital products, with both budgets and teams of varying sizes.
- An understanding of the basic capabilities and limitations of design and development software and languages.
- Experience in the OTT industries.
- Great documentation.
- Good communication with clients as well as technical and creative team members.
- Ability to stay calm and prioritise in times of tight deadlines and conflicting demands.
- Proven success working directly with product design and software development teams.
- Strong leadership and presentation skills.
- Deep and diverse knowledge of memes and a willingness to use GIF’s at every opportunity.
- A prolific Slack-er!
- You’re a big fan of Notion!
Why work at FX Digital?
- 24 Days Holiday (Plus 8 Bank Holidays, giving you a total of 32 total)
- Office closure over Christmas (3 days that do not come out of your holiday allowance)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Vitality Health Insurance on completion of probation
- Regular social events
- Friday afternoon personal development time for training
- New Mac laptop upon joining
- Opportunities to travel to industry conferences
- Quarterly appraisals
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply
Gather your CV/LinkedIn and send over in an email with the subject ‘FX Digital Senior Project Manager Application – [NAME]’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re asked to an interview, great! This is an informal chat and an opportunity for you to tell us about your passion for Project Management and goals for the future, run through any past work you have to share, and also for us to go into more detail about the job and see if it’s a good culture fit.