FX are a Digital Agency with a growing reputation for being a cutting edge agency that create exciting interactive experiences. We are looking for a Junior Web Developer to join the fast-growing team in Shoreditch, London. To get a flavour of our work, check out our showreel below:
The perfect person for this role at FX will be keen to pick up new technologies and various frameworks. This role will truly be like none other. It’s an opportunity to join a very high performing development team and develop your abilities as a web developer.
Why work with us…
- We’re an incredibly social team, and as well as having regular team events you’ll also have the opportunity to attend a number of industry events including WordCamps and Meetups, VR events and workshops.
- Internal projects are actively encouraged, and we ask for you to explore and develop creative ideas that you want to pursue.
- After 3 months as part of the team each member of FX is provided with a Cineworld card, giving unlimited access to the cinema to watch as many films as you can cram in!
- You’ll have the opportunity to make your mark on what is a fast-growing and exciting agency.
- We reward good work, and as a Junior at FX it will not be long before you’re a more established member of the team.
- Training is always encouraged at FX, and we invest in our staff to ensure they are learning what they want to.
Your typically day would likely involve…
- Working with the development team to produce incredible digital products
- Learning new technologies
- Striving to produce clean, modular and well structured code
- Discussing briefs with the team and helping to find solutions to technical challenges
- Working closely with the UX and Design team
- Some web development experience, whether that be through developing websites as a hobby, or working with others to create websites.
- A good understanding of version control systems such as Git.
- Some understanding of PHP.
- An attentive nature, with a willingness to deliver to the best standard possible.
- A thriving passion for digital and the web.
- An ability to learn independently when required.
- Killer Googling skills.
- Ambition to grow beyond a Junior role at FX.
You are absolutely nailing it if you have…
- Knowledge of SCSS and task runners such as Gulp.
- Knowledge of Node.js and NPM.
- A willingness to constantly enhance the development capabilities and standards of the company.
- Familiarity with WordPress or other content management systems.
How to apply
- Gather your CV, work experience and portfolio.
- Send these over in an email with the subject ‘FX Digital Junior Developer Application – [NAME]’ to Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you’re asked to an interview, great! This is an informal chat and an opportunity for you to tell us about your passion of development and goals for the future, run through any past work you have to share, and also for us to go into more detail about the job and see if it’s a good culture fit.