FX are a Digital Agency with a growing reputation for being a cutting edge agency that create exciting interactive experiences. We are looking for a Junior Web Developer to join the fast-growing team in Shoreditch, London. To get a flavour of our work, check out our showreel below:
We thrive in the unknown, proposing innovative opportunities, solving problems and providing our clients with a vision of the future through a relentless research and development drive. We merge user-centred design with emerging technology to create meaningful digital experiences. Our projects are wide and varied including website design, app development, branding, VR, TV and voice.
Your Typical day would involve…
- Working with HMTL5, SCSS (Sass) and a touch of PHP.
- Working with terminal and using development tools including Git, Avocode and Nuclino.
- Working on various platforms including web, TV, consoles and mobile.
- Developing well built websites.
- Presenting your research and learnings to the rest of the team.
- Working on internal projects showcasing the latest technology.
Your good at…
- Writing clean semantic HTML5.
- Writing well-organised CSS and using SCSS (Sass).
- Working with React to develop single page applications.
- Working with JSON APIs
- Using terminal when required to run node or task runners.
- Using version control systems, specifically a Git and Tower setup.
- Explaining complex solutions to clients and less technical members of the team.
- A Computer Science or related degree, or other substantial, relevant course that provides a solid understanding of Computer Science principles.
- Demonstrable understanding and usage of JS (ideally in framework such as React) and/ or PHP (HTML, basic JS, CSS).
- Demonstrable understanding of why and usage of version control systems and workflows (namely Git and Git Flow).
- Usage of software debugging tools (Web Inspector, debugging).
- An aptitude to picking up new tools and processes.
- Demonstrable ability of producing work that is responsive to different screen sizes/ capabilities.
- An enthusiastic team player
- Work on multiple projects
- A basic understanding of RESTful APIs, HTTP, serve
Why join us?
- Social Team – We’re an incredibly social team, and as well as having regular team events you’ll also have the opportunity to attend a number of industry events including design conferences, WordCamps and MeetUps.
- Internal Projects – Internal projects are actively encouraged, and we ask for you to explore and develop creative ideas that you want to pursue. You’ll also have every Friday afternoon to explore and experiment with anything that you desire.
- Health Insurance – After 3 months as part of the team you will be set up with Vitality health insurance, giving you many benefits including half-price gym memberships and a heavily discounted Apple Watch.
- Location – Being in the heart of Shoreditch brings a variety of things to do and we have fun at the various pop-up shops and eateries. This location is truly an exciting part of London to work in.
- Make your Mark – You’ll have the opportunity to make your mark on what is a fast-growing and exciting agency working with some of the most cutting-edge web
- Work with clients from across the globe.
How to apply
- Gather your CV/LinkedIn, GitHub and portfolio.
- Send these over in an email with the subject ‘FX Digital Junior Developer Application – [NAME]’ to Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you’re asked to an interview, great! This is an informal chat and an opportunity for you to tell us about your passion of development and goals for the future, run through any past work you have to share, and also for us to go into more detail about the job and see if it’s a good culture fit.