FX are a Digital Agency with a growing reputation for being a cutting edge agency that create exciting interactive experiences. We are looking for a Digital Designer to join the fast growing team in Shoreditch, London. To get a flavour of our work, check out our showreel below:
The perfect person for the role at FX will have the ability to bring concepts to life across digital platforms, deliver engaging presentations and guide the junior members of the team. They will want to push their raw talent to it’s absolute limit, produce stunning visuals, beautiful user experiences and work that they are truly proud of.
FX love people that embrace change and have a desire to pick up new technologies and run with them, there’s a constant high octane energy in the office and collaboration between team members is paramount to everything we do. Across digital platforms
Why work with us…
- We’re an incredibly social team, and as well as having regular team events you’ll also have the opportunity to attend a number of industry events including Design Conferences, WordCamps and Meetups, VR events and workshops.
- Internal projects are actively encouraged, and we ask for you to explore and develop creative ideas that you want to pursue.
- After 3 months as part of the team each member of FX is provided with a Cineworld card, giving unlimited access to the cinema to watch as many films as you can cram in!
- You’ll have the opportunity to make your mark on what is a fast growing and exciting agency.
You typically day would likely involve…
- Working with our creative director on the planning stage of new website projects (user research, site map creation,wireframing, prototyping, usability testing)
- Designing websites and Digital interactive experiences (High-res mockups, interaction design site walkthrough animations).
- Client facing meetings for initial scoping of ideas, developing briefs and presenting creative concepts for pitches.
- Developing the FX brand and producing marketing materials.
- Creating and developing brand identities/enhancing current brands and producing brand identity documents.
- An outstanding portfolio of only your best work (we will also set a design test as part of the procedure to assess your skills and innovation).
- Knowledge of typography and layout structures.
- An understanding of grid structures and responsive design.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- A strong understanding of UX and a passion for crafting exceptional experiences.
- A sensei master level of ability in Sketch, Invision, Photoshop and Illustrator
- An ability and passion for having a full plate and managing multiple projects.
- A burning desire to further your knowledge/abilities, self learn and share learnings with the team.
- Enthusiastic to adopt new technologies and design process for VR, AR and 3D interactive experiences.
- Understanding of animation principles
- Incredible organisation skills, clear at setting realistic deadlines and sticking to them.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Be able to lead, manage, inspire and delegate.
You are absolutely nailing it if you have…
- Motion graphics skillz (After Effects in particular)
- Knowledge of 3D packages such as Maya, C4D or 3ds MAX
- HTML and CSS knowledge, and an understanding of the design/development process.
How to apply
- Gather your CV, work experience and portfolio.
- Send these over in an email with the subject ‘FXDigital Designer Application – [NAME]’.
- Send your email to Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you’re asked to an interview, great! This is an informal chat and an opportunity for you to tell us about your passion of design and goals for the future, run through your portfolio and also for us to go into more detail about the job and see if it’s a good culture fit.
- At the interview we will set a design test which you are expected to go home and work on and send over your work for us to review.